Friday, November 19, 2010

Thought On An Upcoming Famous Marriage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/20101118/ts_dailybeast/11034_princewilliamandkatemiddletonengagementhardworkbeingroyal


I found this a very interesting article.  It is true that so many people dream about ruling a country or being a prince/princess.  But we forget all the baggage that goes along with those positions.  It is true that many girls around the world are jealous of Kate Middleton because she gets Prince William.  But this article has very interest descriptions of the work ahead! Here is an interesting snippet from the article: 
"In the calendar year 2009, Her Majesty the Queen undertook no fewer than 409 official engagements, i.e., more than one a day. She is 84 years old."
WOW!  I bet many of us complain about work but do we have 409 official engagements a year?  Imagine the amount of unofficial engagements!  Just a thought that sometimes being normal and in the middle can have its perks.  I am allowed to go out and not be noticed if I choose.  I am not photographed every second of every day.  I can have a family and most likely no assassinations will be placed on them, and so on and so forth. 

1 comment:

  1. Great point. I think people basically like to be noticed and the money doesn't hurt either...

    ReplyDelete