Monday, November 22, 2010

Never Forgotten Sufia

I have sad news blog world.  At my job we recently lost a co-worker.  Sufia Munim died Friday on her way back home to Cedar Rapids.  Sufia lived and worked here in Ankeny with her 3 year old son while her husband worked and lived in Cedar Rapids.  She lived in a hotel while she was finishing up this internship so she could graduate grad school.  She was only 26.  Every weekend her and her son would travel back to Cedar Rapids to be with their husband and dad for the weekend.  This was such sad news to come to work and hear.  Sufia was an energetic, fun, charismatic, motherly woman.  Her son and I both shared the same birthday.  We spent 40 hours a week together for some time now and I am so thankful for having the honor to meet such a wonderful woman.  She always told me that she would never forget me because she would always think about me on her son’s birthday.  Well, Sufia, now it is I who will never forget you each passing year on August 16.

2 comments: