Saturday, November 13, 2010

In awe of San Suu Kyi

Many people who know me know that i am infatuated with information.  I love to find out information.  Also, i believe information is needed for people to state opinions and statements.  Today, i read some fantastic news about the nobel prize winner San Suu Kyi who fights harder than most for the freedom of information and democracy.  She fights for the freedom of the oppression in the country that was known as Burma.

This is great news that she is out of her house arrest!  I hope it revives the country's people's hearts.  We will see.  This article below explains how this is such a great moment, but also a critical one.  The focus should not be taken away from the military tyranny going on at the moment in the country.

Of course, this type of news makes me feel lucky that i can sit safely in my house, drinking some coffee, applying for graduate schools and write blogs about my opinions on different political and justice issues.

I suppose i end this note with a great thank you to those like San Suu Kyi.  I am in awe of their courage,  brilliance, and perseverance.  I only hope that more and more people like her can emerge, fighting for freedom for others.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_myanmar_suu_kyi

No comments:

Post a Comment